Friday, August 12, 2011

Can I break my current lease if I have only been in the apartment for two weeks? Any leeway or loopholes?

I live in the state of Illinois. (I know rental laws are different in every state) I just signed a lease with my father as a co-signer for 12 months. It has only been 2 weeks I've been in the lease. I just saw another apartment building for the same price with better amenities. I can also get it under my credit - so my father won't have to use his after all. Do you think I can successfully break my lease since it has not even been a month yet? Is so, how much are we talking about to break it legitimately so my dad's credit is not affected? ( btw, he is ok with this change - if it can be done without damage to his credit) Thanks for everyone's responses! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment