Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Does anybody own the book controlled unleashed?

I don't have the book yet however I have read part of it. Does your dog have a good "leave it" command. That's what I tell my bird dogs when we are playing the obedience game and not the bird hunting game. He's shutting down because he feels that the birds and dogs are more fun than you are. Actually shutting down can be a part of the training process. What you need to do is not let that be an excuse to stop your training. In the whole scheme of things we actually expect very little from our dogs. I don't allow my dogs to shut down during training. What the controlled unleashed method does is gives them permission to look but not to be obsessed. It is a form of desensitization that works quite well with many dogs. Done properly the method actually decreases the obsession

No comments:

Post a Comment